Friday, February 11, 2011

You Are Invited II

I am very pleased to have my work, Sunspots/Solar Minimum, Solar Maximum in Conrad Wilde Gallery's Sixth Annual Encaustic Invitational this year. The dates are March 5 through March 26. 


Sun Spots/Solar Minimum (L) Solar Maximum (R, 16 x 8 in. each, Ink on Hosho paper with Encaustic on panel, 2010

Also near Tucson, at the Tubac Arts Center in Tubac just south of Tucson, my painting Under My Skin II is included in the Playing With Fire Encaustic Exhibition  that runs March 18 - May 1 with the  reception March 18, 5-7pm. Barbara Rogers, Professor Emeritus of Painting and Drawing in The School of Art at The University of Arizona in Tucson was the juror.

Under My Skin II, Encaustic/oil bar on panel, 16 x 16 inches, 2010
You can see my pink painting below on Pam Farrell's Art Blog on-line PINK Show.  Great stuff. Check it out.

Baby's Breath, Encaustic on panel, 12 x 12 inches, 2010

5 comments:

  1. I really love your work . . deep and strong, but with sensitivity and simplicity. Things that I'm drawn to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations- I thought about entering that gallery encaustic show but did not make it- which I could see your works in person.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome!